Dedoles operates in the e-commerce sector. It sells original apparel but focuses mainly on socks and underwear. Starting out exclusively as an e-shop in Slovakia, the company has now successfully expanded its coverage into 20 European countries. And the brand’s first brick-and-mortar shops have also recently popped up in Slovakia.
Avocado-print boxer shorts in 5 languages with
a 3-hour turnaround? Coming right up!
Dedoles approached us to translate their cheerful and original marketing texts on a regular basis. Product descriptions listed on their site, as well as website content, newsletters, advert texts, and marketing texts on Facebook and Instagram must all have a bit of “oomph” in every country that Dedoles operates in.
The whole project is managed by 1 project manager while 12 translators and proofreaders work on the assignment. Every week we translate 1,000 to 3,000 words into 12 different languages in the following language combinations:
express deadlines in under 3 minutes
translators and proofreaders
All it takes is 7 steps for our collaboration to work wonders
- The project manager will receive an assignment from the client in a spreadsheet format where there is text to be translated into Slovak and English. The client will highlight the cells they want translated and specify the languages and delivery date. We do Czech and Hungarian translations from Slovak and the remaining translations from English. The English texts are prepared by the client themselves.
- The client can launch a new campaign at the drop of a hat, and we often prepare the texts in a single day, so readiness, quick responses, and automation are vital for the project to work. We’ve also adapted the tools we use and incorporate translation software in order to achieve fast translations of short texts. This has enabled almost full automation of the entire input process.
- The project manager prepares the texts from the source file for translation in the CAT tool. The translators will receive an automatic notification.
- There is a shared channel for checking the translations, where we’ll receive feedback and solve ambiguities that the translators can incorporate into the final product.
- Finished translations undergo a multi-stage proofreading process so that we can ensure that they’re error-free.
- The project manager will then import them back into the source file and the translation is complete.
- With each translated text, we continue to build up the translation memory and glossaries for the client. Translata has managed to professionalise the entire process.
Unicorn, hedgehog, or fox in 12 different languages? You only need to translate your favorite motifs once
- The original, in-house translations were of insufficient quality. There was inconsistent terminology in the texts and duplicates were also translated.
- CAT tools have helped us to tidy up terminology, duplication, and reduce the costs and time it takes to do the translation.
- Since the beginning of our cooperation, we’ve been creating a translation memory for the client, thereby saving them time and money for translations that have already been translated once. Already, after just 3 months of cooperating with them, we’ve managed to run into the first duplications in their texts.
- Translation memories and CAT tools also enable us to handle express deadlines (rush orders). With the help of these tools, we managed to prepare a translation of advert texts into 5 different languages with just a 3-hour turnaround.
We’ve successfully tamed the “wild beast” that is the translation process, and under our orchestration, things are much more cheerful
- Prior to the start of our cooperation, the client had its own employee dedicated to providing the translations, but they didn’t have the professional experience required for translation management.
- Throughout the course of our cooperation, we got one step closer to the client than with our other clients: we replaced their localisation department. We streamlined the necessary translation management processes, thereby eliminating the gap in information and lost time.
- We also helped the client save significantly on overall translation costs.
“There are partnerships that simply work, and then there are partnerships that can help enrich and develop partners on both fronts. Dedoles is a dynamic company where every team works extremely quickly and things change at a rapid pace. Thus, finding a translation company with translators that can adapt and keep up with us has been no easy task. But with Translata, not only did we find a fast, effective, and professional translation solution, but also an especially great partner. Translata has always been there for us and they are willing to comply and help with whatever we at Dedoles throw at them – whether it be translations needed in under two hours, official translations, annual budgeting translations, or technical translation support. I believe that every company will find whatever it needs in Translata – a professional approach, high-quality translations, and enjoyable people to work with.”
Patrícía Ramšák, Head of Content