Solargis provides data, software, and consulting services for the construction and operation of solar power plants. Its products and services are used by thousands of companies around the world. By implementing several language versions, it can also reach markets where the use of English is not so common.
Localised translations open up windows of opportunity in 8 new markets
Solargis approached us to translate a specialised application, which works with solar and meteorological data, and its user environment into its target market languages.
The job is tasked to an 18-member project team (1 project manager, 8 translators, 8 proofreaders, and 1 final-eye approver). We work with texts for the application’s user interface, which we translate in a specialised localisation environment.
Because the application is regularly updated, this localisation environment simplifies and speeds up translations of updated texts and ensures consistency of translations in the required languages.
Languages and their combinations
- English – Korean
- English – Portuguese
- English – Turkish
- English – Russian
- English – Spanish
- English – French
- English – Japanese
- English – Chinese
Simple translations management in 4 steps
- We compiled translation memories from existing translations in the localisation environment, which enables us to translate texts faster.
- The client will notify us when new texts have been added to the application.
- We process the texts, localise them into 8 different languages, and then upload them back into the localisation environment.
- The client can work with the texts immediately, and their consistency with previous translations and application content is guaranteed.
The biggest benefits of cooperation
- Quality and consistency of translations and terminology.
- Prompt delivery of translations.
- We save the client time because they don’t have to send us any exports from their web interface.
- In the past, the texts were translated by several different suppliers, the quality suffered as a result, and the process took a long time. We’ve managed to unify all language combinations under one roof and streamline translations management overall.
What did Solargis have to say about the collaboration?
„We work with texts that can be very technically demanding. Even I would have a problem translating some of these texts into my native Slovak. In the past, we’ve used the translation services of various small agencies and freelancers, but we weren’t always happy with the quality of the results. It was easy to get disorganised with this form of cooperation, especially when we had a constant demand for new translations. In many cases, the resulting texts were simply inaccurate or inconsistent. We’re now very satisfied with Translata. They’ve been able to provide us with a steady supply of translations in the desired quality and in whatever language we’ve needed so far. We’ve also been able to simplify work delegation and speed up deliveries as a result.”